Monday, October 31, 2011

did you know

that the bishop can just call up anyone he likes to spontaneously give a mini talk off the cuff? and it happens when you end early in sacrament when the speakers don't fill up all their time?

well they do.
and i didn't know that.

i didn't know that was a game that could be played.
but by golly i was forced to play.
and luckily it turned out pretty well.

apparently it happens all the time to missionaries but since i haven't gone on a mission - surprise!

after i heard my name be called i honestly was so surprised and shocked i didn't hear what the bishop said afterward.
my brain kept stuttering "he said my name. i have to go up there. he said my name. but i didn't hear what i am suppose to do. he said my name. balkjdfioaufdajfksajdf;akjsdf;lasjdf. brain melt down."

my roomies luckily heard the instructions - to tell something that has added to my testimony this week. well as i looked back on my week the only things that popped up were about new events involving boys. aaahhh

luckily as a little comic relief the ward laughed while i was walking up and shook my finger at the bishop (just to tease) as i made my way up to the pulpit. i started by saying "i am fast talker, and speed up when i am nervous. so buckle up!"

then words came out and it was over.
but for the rest of the day the whole kept saying "i saw your face when he said your name! IT WAS PRICELESS!"
then proceed to try and recreate it which didn't not end in my favor might i add.

No comments:

Post a Comment