Tuesday, October 4, 2011

this semester so far

so this semester has been wild.
life is on high speed throttle with no other option but full steam ahead.
i have never had a semester so busy.
i can't even stop to catch my breath, my icalendar is exploding with events and to-do lists.
but i am loving it.

luckily i am loving all the things that are keeping me busy.
i could have a bad attitude about anatomy and how stressful it is but i have taken on the mindset that anatomy is a fun and mind-blowing cool game.
and it is a special opportunity that a lot of students don't experience.

i would never be learning and having these amazing experiences unless my major told me to take anatomy. i would be too scared to voluntary take this class- i didn't know how i would handle the work load and the cadaver lab.
but i have learned that i actually really enjoy it.
i still have moments where i feel reserved/hesitant in open lab but i can touch, explore, learn and appreciate.

it is also super special to take this class because many universities are having undergrads be taught via computer instead of off a cadaver.
but best of all we get to incorporate the gospel into our lessons.
it is beautiful.
i mean i am learning about myself and why i chose to come earth
- because having a body is so important and sacred.

anatomy has also taught me how to relax and take it day by day.
usually i am a week ahead in homework in all my classes but with how anatomy is structured, that just isn't possible.
so i have become one of those students i thought i would never be.
aka study for a test that you are taking 2 or 1 days before instead of the whole week leading up.
i am found out that i don't have to be so anal about grades, of course i will want to keep up my track record but...
i am human and not a robot.
i can give myself some slack.

and surprisingly my grades are still pretty good.
i can loosen my grip on control and still do well.
i just work as hard as i can, do the best i can and still push myself (within reason)
and i know that everything will be ok.
it will work out.
so i don't need to melt down or bubble over with stress.

i am also working this school year-
it has been such a luxury that i never had work and school at the same time.
BUT i could not pass up this opportunity to be a TA for my all time favorite professor.
once anatomy is done, work won't seem like such a big deal.
work is the best.
it is like working for your dad and where you just get to do fun things.

why i love work:
  1. the awesome perks of being a TA (access to secret wireless internet on floors other students don't have internet on)
  2. having an office! BOOYAH! my professor is only on campus one or two days a week and he said i can use his office to "study in, sleep, place to take boys..." legit that is what he said to me. hahahaha. i love having my own private quiet space = i heart elitism! ha just kidding
  3. there is a computer lab for the TA that is manned by computer techs around the clock so whenever i have a problem guess who always helps me :)
  4. there is a supplies room that seriously is a mini Staples. i love school supplies so every time i go in that room, i just get so happy and giddy.
  5. get to grade awesome papers with cool religious ideas
  6. love the power i feel while i enter in people's scores
  7. getting to say things like "my students ------"
  8. i love my boss. we just laugh and have such a good time.
  9. run cool errands

over all work is awesome and doesn't even feel like work.
ha- best moment was when during one of my meetings i stopped and taught my professor how to text because he got a new iphone.
i love the idea that BYU paid me to teach a professor how to text.
that makes me happy.

and to top it off i have outrageously fun roomies, friends, fhe brothers and wardies.
so the weekends are always packed.

LIFE IS BUSY AND CRAZY BUT IN A GOOD WAY THAT IS SO MUCH FUN

No comments:

Post a Comment