Saturday, October 1, 2011

21st

so last monday was my birthday.
and this is how i now look as a 21 year old.
the birthday girl:
you can thank my roomies for the crown

so my birthday was on a monday so the saturday and sunday i celebrated with my family at home.
this is how we celebrated in Salt Lake:

lunch at Settebellos- the most authentic pizza i have found since coming home from italy.
you can literally take a taste and feel like you are in Naples.
then we went next door to Capo's for gelato.

Mom: cantaloupe / lemon
Riley: nutella / sweet cream
Amy: nutella / lemon biscotti
then off to Mrs. Backer's bakery to get the birthday cake and raspberry tarts
from there we went to the salon to get mani and pedis.
so luxurious and i loved it. so. much.


I loved being home to celebrate because being with my family is just such a treat these days now i am back at school. and it just feels so great doing all our family bday traditions.

then on monday i started off the day right with breakfast with casey and skjelse at the Awful Waffle.
don't let the name fool you.
it was anything but awful.

after class my wonderful roomies, friends, wardies and fhe brothers took me out to Los Hermanos.
as we were leaving the resturant next thing i knew my fhe brothers were blindfolding me.
and we were driving around for a "surprise".
we drove until i was completely lost and a little car sick.

and we ended up at the state liquor store and that was closed.
we just took pictures outside as a joke to say i am old enough to get carded.

best part by far was as i was walking back to my apt with the boys as i turn the corner to the front of my building i see that the whole outside of the building is decorated with balloons, streamers and a massive sign.
and a table with the most fabulous dessert display.
{complete with brownie batter shots - a mormon way to celebrate 21}
then lots and lots and lots and lots of people stream out from no where and yell
"SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!"

oh my gosh. i was so shocked and just didn't know what to say.
so many people were there and from all parts of my life.
high school, jerusalem, wardies from past years to current, freshman year friends,
i mean i was just felt so flattered that so many people showed up.
it really meant a lot and appreciated them coming.

it was a massive party. i could not believe it.
i was stunned how my roomies pulled this off. its been going on for weeks and i didn't have a clue. they put so much effort and time into planning this and making it happen.
i can't say how much i loved it and love them.
i feel so blessed to have them in my life and all the wonderful people who made my birthday absolutely perfect.

1 comment:

  1. okay, after reading your post about your birthday LAST year and this year, I have decided that you really do look older!

    maybe someday we will actually BOTH look our age! Love you bff.

    ReplyDelete