Sunday, September 25, 2011

last birthday


for my birthday last year i was in the Middle East.
best way i know of to enter into your second decade of life
-if i do say so myself.

the week leading up to my 20th birthday was spent in Egypt.
and the day of we were in the Sinai Peninsula.
we woke up at 2:00 am and hiked the one and only MOUNT SINAI.
it was unbelievable.
i can't even begin to tell how amazing it was.
we got to watch the sun rise from the most breath taking view.

on the way down Rachel and I met a donkey and became its whisperer and went trail running.
we wanted to make it onto the 1st bus back so we would have time to go swimming.
we flew down that mountain like no other.
once we picked up our speed the momentum wouldn't let us stop, even if we wanted to.

needless to say we made it on the 1st bus and got to go swimming.
then we headed back home to Israel and had a dance party on the bus.

the next day all the girls took me out to lunch in West Jerusalem to Babettes.
best waffles bar none.
and the workers were so sweet- they gave me a birthday dessert and sang to me.
there also happened to be a parade going on as well.
on the way back to the center we hit an art gallery going on.

i really really really loved my birthday last year.


parade

art gallery

lunch at Babettes

i met Moses on the way down from Mount Sinai.
how legit.


our travel directors put on a celebration for my birthday at our Cairo Hotel- and yes there were 3 different kinds of cake and those swords were on fire.



some people were not as jazzed at 4 am after climbing a mountain like i was

best waffles

MOSES

on the way down

donkey whisperer

view from the top



watching the sunrise


made it to the top and waiting for the sun



group hug

the only time i have ever been swimming on my bday.

No comments:

Post a Comment