Monday, July 2, 2012

Seattle Day #3

the morning after the open house the newlyweds flew off to Hawaii for their honeymoon
Mom and I didn't fly home till late afternoon so we got some extra time in the city

we decided to go the Pike's Market one more time for breakfast

i was going to get a crepe for breakfast at the market but then i spotted some homemade mini doughnuts they make right in front of you- so obviously i ate that for breakfast instead



 mini doughnuts - they made me so happy




 right after this picture was taken this Asian lady who spoke no English came up to Mom and me
she was decked out in a red traditional chinese dress which was very pretty
she kept gesturing to me and my eyes, we finally figured out that she wanted a picture with me
it gave me flashbacks of when i was in Egypt 
after the Market we met up with Mom's cousin Julie at Etta's for lunch
i got the best grilled cheese (shout out to my roomie Miriam) sandwich- think slices of potato bread with Beecher's homemade cheese. their beer battered fries were amazing as well

after that it was time to head to airport and fly home
it was a great first impression of Seattle. who knows? maybe i will go to grad school here and be back in 2 years 

No comments:

Post a Comment