Saturday, May 7, 2011

the nanny diaries begin

here are some of the best moments of my nanny job so far:

starting the baby brain washing on the 1 year old baby boy. i have conditioned him to dance and love all my music aka Phoenix, the Strokes, JB, Empire of the Sun. by the end of the summer he will be the most awesome baby!

the following conversation with the 4 year old girl:
P: "what am i?"
me: "you are a human"
P: "are you a human"
me: (i considered saying "most of the time" but instead -) "yes i am a human too"
P: "but why am i human?"
me: "because you aren't a dog or a cat"
P: "or a house"
me: "yes, you are not a house"

and lastly, as i walked to my car at the end of the day P ran out to her front porch and yelled "why are you so big?!!" and i yelled back "because I grew up!"

after i said that, it kinda hit me. wow- i really did grow up. i felt nostalgic for my own childhood but excited for the future at the same time. i guess we all have to grow up sometime, it just happened faster than i thought it would. good thing i am having a simply marvelous time being (almost) grown up!

2 comments: