Thursday, October 11, 2012

there was a bee

here is a classic amy moment.

earlier this week i was walking home from campus and it was dinner time. i was passing Jdawgs and thought "oh. maybe i should get one." but then i couldn't decide if i would want to eat alone at a table or while walking home. Both seemed pretty pathetic but in the end I decided eating alone at a table was worse.

So out of Jdawgs I walked with hot dog in one hand and drink in the other. Don't forget the massive backpack strapped to me. I knew I would probably run into someone I knew or hate while in this fatty state so I took back streets home.

Happily I walked and ate with sauce getting all over my face (with Jdawgs sauce it is impossible NOT to get covered). Then I noticed a bee was around me in the air. And I noticed it again. And again.

Gosh darn it, that bee was following me! It would make circles around me as I walked, each time reducing its radius to me and more importantly my food! I realized this punk of a bee had its eye on the Jdawg sauce. and I couldn't blame him.

It became of struggle of wills.

I thought "I can't eat this fast enough to make this bee go away and I am pretty full. So I guess I have to toss it." The only way to get rid of the bee is to get rid of the sauce. No way I could eat the rest soon enough. Too bad that there were absolutely NO trash cans - anywhere!

there I was stuck in the middle of a parking lot (a Church parking lot which makes it worse) with a bee buzzing around me. I paniced and just gave up. I just put the rest of my hot dog down on the ground. lets right: the ground.

Then I thought, "now what? I'm now in a corner. I can't pick it back up- the bee is already on it."

so I just stood there watching the bee enjoy its victory and the Jdawgs sauce. and just had to leave it there. so I gave my dinner up to a bee by leaving a half eaten hot dog on the ground.

well played bee. well played. 

1 comment: