Thursday, August 4, 2011

1 day of summer

I ALMOST MET MY HUSBAND... TWICE!

so since i am living the easy life these days {aka no school OR work} i have the time to run errands that i never seem to get done.
this is the first time EVER in my life where I haven't been working or going to school or both.
let me tell you- it. is. a. dream.
i am getting spoiled beyond belief here.
usually i can not wait to get back to school because i am so sick of work, but without horrible work to promote my yearning for Provo, i don't want school to start this year.

at first i thought i would get bored but with 5 weddings this month of my friends - two of which i am helping out with, {maid of honor duties are actually really fun ps}
i have fun creative things to keep me busy.
and if you know me, you know i love a good art project.
and at one point i seriously considered being a wedding planner.
for instance i am cutting seat covers out of tulle for one of my bride's sister's wedding.
{my bestie's sister gets married a month before her so i am helping with that one too}
i am also throwing another bridal shower this saturday so i am going to dust off my hosting apron once again.

anyways today i was running around and at one point i was at fashion place mall.
i fixed my phone, let Sephora rob me for eyeshadow and dress shopped for Katie's wedding.
at one point i realized it was lunch time.
i was hungry and decided to eat lunch at the Corner Bakery.
as i walked in i was thinking i was just going to get it to go but realized i was headed downtown from here for another errand. so i wouldn't be able to eat it in the car and didn't want to wait till after to eat it when it is cold.
so when the cashier said "is this to stay or to go?"
i did something brave and something i have never done before.
i said "to stay."
that's right- i had lunch by myself. i ate alone at a restaurant.

as i sat down to eat my chicken carbarna i realized that i even had my book with me.
sometimes i like to pull a Rory Gilmore by always having a book on hand.
i felt very classy/movie-esque/confident.
and surprising not shy, pitiful or depressed.
i think it helped that i was really feeling my outfit.
i quite enjoyed my pasta paired with Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway
as i read and ate i felt someone looking at me.
i looked over at the table next to me and these two guys were eating.
you could tell that they were on a lunch break from work.
they had on business causal clothes on.
plus what two guys do you know that meet up for lunch to catch up with a friend?
that is such a girl thing to do. they were on lunch break for sure.
they were late 20's maybe 30.
then one of the guys kept looking at me for so long my eyes couldn't help but flash over and i totally caught him. awkward! but i couldn't help it- it is a reflex to look at the person looking at you!

i was determined not to do it again
but 10 mins later i checked to see if he was looking again and he was.
woof.
i couldn't tell if he was checkin' me out or staring like who is this sad little girl eating all by herself.
well its not like i sat by them on purpose, i just sat down at a small empty table.
soon i couldn't take it anymore so i got a to-go box and peaced out.
i guess my self confidence comes with an expiration date in situations like this.

MAIN POINT OF THIS LONG STUPID POST:
i almost had a 500 Days of Summer moment.
remember in the end she tells her ex bf how she met her new husband?
she was eating lunch and reading A Picture of Dorian Gray and her future husband came up and asked her about it.
well change it to Virginia Woolf instead of Oscar Wilde and the girl staying instead of dashing out then it could have been me.
i could have met my future husband today.
too bad i didn't stick around enough to let him come up to me.
but then again i am only 20 - so self preservation or self destruction.
meh.
c'est la vie.


i also hung out two nights in a row with 7 European men who are all in medical school.
we are talking Danes and Austrians here people.
my two favorite words- European and medical students.
hello!
my husband could have been in that group too.

No comments:

Post a Comment